Thursday 19 December 2013

WONDROUS TALE




Can I stand 
Before you 
Right here
And sing
A solemn solo
Of one who
Found me
On a dark alley
All alone
Cold
 And dying
One 
Moonless
 Night?

Can I cry 
Refreshing 
Tears
As I tell 
Of the deep
Dark
Wild
Of terrors
Bloodthirsty 
Night creatures;
Present
At a gothic dance
Of horror
And I
Helplessly
Tossed
About
Like 
A rag doll…
Almost…
Almost…
Dead

Can I lay in joy now
And just breathe?

I cannot
I do not
Recognize me
Truly 
This must 
Be 
New

I smile 
At the stranger
In the mirror
And reach out
Wanting to 
Touch
The glow
In that smile

Is it
Could it
Be
It is
It sure is
Me?

Can I 
Whisper it
Speak it
Scream it
Write endlessly 
Of it
Can I….
Can I say it!

It is a 
Warm
Golden
Enveloping
Sort of
Feeling
That rose 
With the sun
And 
Spelt out
A new name 
For me
In the scroll 
Of the skies

Do you see
The 
Jubilation
I see
When I look up?

Do you feel
The peace that 
Settles
On my spirit
Like mist?

Do you just know
Deep down
Like I do
That it is well?

From now
Till the end
Of time

Do you hear it?
The sound
Of cherubs’ wings
Flutter?

Oh Can I…

Can I
 Tell you
This wondrous tale?

No comments:

Post a Comment