Monday 24 March 2014

DISSONANT HARMONY


This headache
That runs down
To the back of my neck
Pleasure-pain…
From laughing too hard
These friends I have
Make me lose breath
Doubling over in laughter
Bless us!

It was when I went home
For the weekend
That I took note
Of Mama’s
Illness
Evident on her face
“The pain is just horrible”
She whispered and sneezed.
“Bless you!”

I met him when he first arrived
And loved him till he left
Now he returns
In skirts and heels;
Miss Rose with a snipped tip
I can only mourn a lost member
Bless it.

She’s charming;
My petite chocolate queen
 Feeds me as she dotes
Then prays with me
For me
“Are you ok?”
With both eyebrows raised
This rare show of love
Bless her

An evening’s chance-meet
And the heavens’
Tender glow
“I’m going to come sit with you”
Then things went up and things went down
Rollercoaster with no safety belts
The poet’s vertigo
And mine…
Bless him

Sleep never
Comes this way
My street has no name
The morning sounds
Meet me wide awake
The young mother
Getting a frustrated tod
Ready for school
She sings the alphabet
In discord
And her husband sweeps
The paved compound
Bless them.

Now I sit and wonder
Where this madness
Came from
But I stop trying
To understand
Cos
Lunacy detached
From the lunatic
Leaves nothing -
Madness is me
Just as I am Lord…
Bless me


No comments:

Post a Comment