Wednesday 13 February 2013

Tempt me Not (An episode from his life)



It comes teeming his way
Darkness wrapped in inviting light
"I will not, I cannot" 
He says,
Yet he fades in this place
He fades.

Shadows come slithering his way
Eerie as smiles on decayed faces
"I will not, I cannot" 
He whispers,
Yet he dies in this place
He dies.

"Tempt me not, O forces unknown
Tease not my parched throat
With the scent of sweet honey-
Tempt me not"

"Tickle not my ears with music
That lures me lovingly to hell
Torture me not, O blessed darkness-
Temp me not"

"Confuse me not, master deceiver
With visions of pure gold
Lodged in the hearts of strange women-
Tempt me not"

It feeds on his need
Throws abundance at his feet
Like wild flowers spread on his path
"Do I die or do I not" 
He cries,
"Tempt me, tempt me-
Tempt me not"

No comments:

Post a Comment