Saturday 17 August 2013

"DON'T GO TELLING MAMA"



She said
“Don’t go kissing boys
Don’t let them touch you”
And then
She touched me

“It’s ok”
She said

“Don’t go telling mama”

And with a kiss
She zipped my lips

The smell of sweat and flesh
My infant mind
Stored in masses
In hidden folds
Up in my brain
And now it spews them
Into my thoughts
I smell her


The taste
In my mouth
Her leathery nipples
Burning
Into
My sore tongue
Her flabby abs
Pushing down my belly

With kisses,
She wiped my tears

The feel
Of her calloused
Hands
Rough fingers
Shoved up my…

“Shhh”
She said

“Don’t go telling mama”

And with sloppy kisses
She soothed
My bruises

Once I killed her
In the bathtub
And laid there
Crying
On the cold floor

Then I stabbed her
At church
And watched
Her blood flow
Down
Beneath the altar
While I prayed
For her soul

Her voice comes
And goes

“Don’t go kissing boys”

So I let the boys go
And found
The men were
Sweet
And women
Lush

“Shhh”
I say

“Don’t go telling mama”

I still dream of you
Your breath
And smile
And breasts

I dream of
Your hands
And thighs
And lips

I dream
Of
You
In
Pieces

Laid up
On those cotton sheets
On which I bled
Once

“Shhh”
You said

“Don’t go telling mama”

No comments:

Post a Comment