Monday 5 August 2013

SORT OF A TRIBUTE...to Tampico



Once I fell deeply in love 
With a dog. 
His name was Tampico 
And He died
In fact 
He was murdered.
After his burial, 
I swore never to love 
Another brown-eyed dog.

The worst part is 
I partook 
In the very feast
That raised my suspicions...
Kebabs and drinks.
My heart 
Felt funny that night 
As I ate with my neighbors. 

But my tongue 
Was double sure 
It was tasting goat. 
Guess I can't trust 
That member

Those bloody neighbors!! 
They smiled 
In their heads 
And watched me 
Savor Tampico's meat. 

I knew then,
That I will never ever fall 
For another canine 
As long as I live, 
Unless of course 
I turn vegetarian 
Along the line.

You see 
Tampico was not just
Any gutter-dog. 
He had been pampered 
From birth...
How do you think
He got his name? 
And to be completely honest, 
He caused his own death.

He had no business 
Running off 
To do the neighbor's dog 
Without taking precautions...
Without watching his back. 
He never listened to me.

When it came to matters of the groin, 
Tampico would just not listen.

"Tampico bring the bitch home"

I kept telling him. 
But no, he ignored me. 
He was disrespectful, 
That dog! 
The white fluffy bitch next door 
Had completely stolen his heart 
and took his brains along with it! 

He would leave
For days on end
Stuck with her

One day he left
And never came back.

My stomach digested him well though.

No comments:

Post a Comment