Friday 6 June 2014

DARKENED


I do not sit alone
In this greying space
Almost drowning
In tears
While writing
A long
Melancholic poem.

I sit here
Just
Drowning
Letting
Myself
Sink
As
I
Mark
Time
Seconds
Before
My last breath
Is snuffed
Out
I come up for air

You see it is thinning.
Man...
You did not tell me
I was coming up
For nothing...
There's nothing left
The earth packed up and left...
No
Air

This night
Is too long
And man is vain

A sad hymn
Plays
In the background
Voices leap out
Of the tune
And vanish
Into a vacuum

All is darkened

The bass stays with me
Awhile...
Deep
Resonating
"Be still my soul"
he sings.

The sprite
In flight
Hesitates
Then slips too
Into blackness

All...is darkened

Slowly
Blood gives way
To death
She
Courses
Through long days
Hitting loves
Corrupting tomorrows
Leaving a seared trail
Flames engulf hope!

All...all is darkened
And the night
Is languid


Caught
On the faint line
Between fair and foul
i crawl to the man's side
There...
In Gethsemane
I plead
And he
While mortals sleep

"If it be thy will...
Let this cup pass from me"

Even there
With him
Ebony clouds
Hide a blood moon
And
All
Is soot

In the vale of tears

No comments:

Post a Comment