Wednesday 25 June 2014

AND DEATH DIED...




There is this need
This
Pressing need
To write a sad song
And lament my good fortune
Shed shameless tears
That burn like acid
Corroding the
Calm that plagues me

I want
To step out naked
Into the stormy downpour
And get drenched
Along with the hope
That now wears me
Without my consent –
Catch a grave cold.

This need
To damn it all
And step back
In awkward celebration
Of impending doom
While
They
Who came to dance
With me loiter
On an expectant dance floor

I need
To find pain and
Weave her into my
Consciousness
Strum the minor chords
Of fatality –
A prelude to oblivion

This haunting
Unrelenting
Need
To
Crumble
Under the weight
Of something
Mysterious –
A potent
Enigma


Tell them…
The ones who had held
Their breaths
Five long years
Fearing to
Let what’s in out
And adamant
On letting what’s out in
Not sure what will finally break
Me
Tell them they
Can go on and breathe
Now
That
I am free

But let them know
I sit here
Composing a dirge
As I wait
To be taught
How
To live

Without death

No comments:

Post a Comment