Thursday 25 July 2013

MY GHOST VALENTINE



I lay here
Struck
With the sudden
Realisation
That
I love him.
Then I sigh....

My 
Ghost
Valentine.

The ones
We can't
Bring back,
Yet love
So intensely...

If death
 Could give me
A glimpse
Of what lies
Behind it...
I would call out
His name.
And say
What
I couldn't say
When death
Hadn't found
Him.

But
What's the use now?

Love
Sits heavy
In my chest
Cos I can't share
When we both
Don't speak
A common language
When it will
Only be
The longest distance
Relationship-
Two worlds.

I can pretend
You're alive
And play around
With the very last
 Memory
 I have
 Of your face
 Before it laid there
Cold and unfamiliar.

But...

What do I do
 With the love
 In my heart
 Now that
You've kissed
The lips
Of that cold messenger?

What business
Did you have
Walking into the light?
 I should hurl
Insults
At you
For leaving
When that
 Was not
  The plan...

How dare you die!!

This betrayal
Should harden
My heart,
Why does it break
Against these violin strings?

Every cord struck
Reminds me
Of your fingers
Caressing
Piano keys
With the sun
Bathing
Your arms
 And
Lighting up
Your half-smile.

I know
You are here now.
I wouldn't
Be breathing so
If you were not

But...

Why have you come
In the wind
Yet another night?
It's not enough,
 I want a touch!

Walk in another time
 Whole
With that silly
 Mini-goatee
And tired eyes
From too much work
And let me 
Work
The knots
Out of your muscles

You were always
Too much
In a hurry,
Eager
To achieve

But...

Death
Was not out
For you,
Why
Did you seek her out?

Now look at me

Feel my heart!

I'm left with
The sudden
 Realization
that
I'm in love.

And the jab
In my breasts
Right after
Cos you're gone...

Then I sigh....

My 
Ghost

Valentine




[Wrote this while listening to  Rohann Pachelbel's Canon in D Major (Violin version) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUZui0ojYCs]

No comments:

Post a Comment