Tuesday 2 July 2013

THIS IS TO TELL YOU YOU'RE DEAD NOW


I held
The breath 
Of innocence 
And alone,
Watched 
The magic 
Unfold

 All through it
I never forgot
What we sowed
That rainy night


Three years gone..
And a tiny version
Of you
Now runs wild
In this
Empty house
With no shoes
On his feet

What we crafted
Looks up at me
Tenderly
Smiles
And asks of you

Poor child
Asks of you

So last night,
Through the rain
I took his hand 
And led him there
Where our love-tree 
Was first planted

Tears filled my eyes 
To find it bare-
That spot 
Where we dreamed 
All we wanted

"Mama are you crying?"
He asked,
And 
The last piece
Of my heart 
Broke

You see,
Truth took off
Running
With you
The day 
You left

So I tell lies... 

"I am not crying, dear"

I tell and cry...

"Daddy is in heaven, my boy"

I tell lies...

For you

No comments:

Post a Comment