Monday 24 June 2013

PENITENCE...?




I probably should not
Be kneeling
Before this
Makeshift altar

But somehow
I got here
Not so sure
What to say 
Though

So you know what?
I’ll just kneel
And remain silent
Hoping
You decode
The words
Knocking
Against each other
In my mind
I can’t bear 
To speak
Of where
I have been


Were you around the corner
Somewhere watching?
I hope not
It would have 
Broken your heart
To see me
Strip down
And bathe
In that…
Never mind


Now,
See these tears?
I’m going 
To wipe them all
Off
I am not sure
Anymore
If they are genuine
Or maybe I just
Fake it well


My eyes are dry
And I’m breathless
My chest hurts
I can’t tell
If
It’s an infection
Or this pain
Is from last night’s…
Never mind


Do I get another chance?
Okay, forget I asked.
How shameless of me!
We both know
I have a knack
For messing up
Chances
Can we thrash this out
Another way?

Hello...
Are you following 
These thoughts?
Because
I’m really 
Not going
To say 
A word

It’s become 
A ritual
I’m too deflated
To repeat


So look,
I’m going to get up
Now
Assuming
This worked
You know
This...
This silence

Well
I hope it did
And oh,
One more thing

……

I Love You


Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment