Monday 3 June 2013

LUNAR...tic



I smile at the sun 
Struggling to take a peek 
At this earth 
From behind 
Those swollen 
Silver clouds 
And
My heart is hitting
Bass notes
Behind my breasts


New month!

I smile again
At the coopless hen
With her feathers
Hanging limp
Knowing...
She is cold 
She is wet
And
My hands move up
To touch my face
I am warm
Inside-out.


Now this smile
Travels to my eyes
And it bursts out 
In tears
Each drop
Is laughter
I shut them
Hearing...
The heavens laugh
With me
And I feel it
I am happy
I am free

Then a handful of
Smiles trickle down 
To my feet
Reminding me 
I'm
Lunar...tic
Insane 
I am...

Shhh...
Listen 
To my secret..

"I mirror
The moon
Most
In June"







2 comments:

  1. Nice!

    First and foremost,I like the th shape of the poem.I hardly see that around.

    My favourite part was how the smile travels to your eyes and bursts into tears :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. June does this to me. ;-)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete