Thursday 5 December 2013

THEY SAY...



The day came 
And ended
And I did not see it
Time stole 
Its way past me
While I dozed
Under fluorescent lights

They say a shadow 
Will cross 
My bed
And snuff out
My breath
While I lay here
Shivering

They say fear 
Will come 
Speeding 
Behind it
Circle my neck,
And wrench 
Sorry sobs
Out from 
My insides

They say it's horrid
When it lasts
That I should pray
It acts fast

That when everything
Starts going cold
I should just smile
And let go

They say that's so 
I'll look pretty
When I'm laid in state
That's when I knew
What it was
They were talking
About

The day came
And ended
And I did not see it

Neither did I see 
Death.
As they described
It

I guess
I'm going to be laid in state
With a look of surprise 
On my face

No comments:

Post a Comment