Monday 27 February 2012

BROKEN

I think of the trouble you put me through
And all the pain that leaves me blue
I think of the time I waste to grieve
And all the love you failed to give

I think of her; she stood aloof
She was too scared to tell the truth
I think of me in that dark, stinky room
Cold wind sweeping concrete floor like a broom

The rage in your eyes; who were you mad at?
Yourself, your destiny or this damned earth?
Do I help ease your pain when you see me cry
After I drag myself out from the dark corners of that sty?

The nightmares wake us up...
Yours not too  different from mine
We both rest on the devil's lap
We survive on bloody grime

It didn't have to be this way
Why didn't you let yourself stay sane?
No, you let them get to you...
And now I have gone crazy too

They sent you here, those ones, didn't they?
You spat on my sunlight and made it less gay
You uprooted them all...roses, blue bells
Violets, lavender, their comforting smells

You stripped me down to tears
Crimson tears laden with hell-inspired fears
And you danced around my fate
Making fun of my heart, laid in state

You took them all...all the sweetness, all the spice
You took them all...all the laughter, all the smiles
And now I have your eyes, filled with that rage
Like a wild animal, I should be caged

For I have this urge to strangle you
Slowly to death, yes that would do
Or I'd just damage a nerve or two
For all the trouble you put me through

No comments:

Post a Comment