Thursday 16 February 2012

HE HAS ME


Once upon a time, I stood before my one true love
And spat in his face
That heart-breaking cliche
..."It's over between us"...
Yet in that moment, he loved me.

Many turns back when I packed up my bags
And moved out of that Mansion he gave me
Acting out in ways worse than words
Saying..."I met someone else"...
All through it, he loved me.

Tracing back tears long past
Tears he shed when on that bed
He once laid in...deep in my heart
He found another, with a face too familiar...
In all that pain, he loved me.

With the knowledge that there was another
Once his right-hand man, now a traitor
With hot burning coals now in the picture
And I, openly playing with fire
He wrung his hands in agony, yes he loved me.

...

Once upon a time, lust drew me away
Images of pleasure caused my heart to sway
Was almost real, watching from a distance
An almost pleasant lie...a mirage, in fact
Yet one thing among all stood true; he loved me

But then a spot in my soul could still remember
The rhythm our hearts composed back when they beat together
He knows my heart inside, out and under
Each drop of blood that runs red through my veins
In this life he gave me, his love solely reigns.

So in this moment I say never again
Leaving him only caused me too much pain
I can breathe while he's in his rightful place
Here in my heart, safely seated on his golden throne
I'd shout with joy that He has me...
He has me and my entire soul

3 comments:

  1. The end points to something like an immortal Deity but begins with a mortal...(ie the "He" subject)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Begins with a mortal?? you sure?

      Delete
    2. wow!!this is a nice piece. i like the way you repeated the phrase "he loved me" for emphasis...i agree with Achie, you totally tricked us at the beginning, but at the end of the poem you made us realize who this patient lover is... that twist makes the poem more exciting.

      Delete