Saturday 4 February 2012

VENTING!!!


I'm not here to produce poetry
It's time for random venting

Like brown paper bag threatening to burst with heat
I need to slide open the bag and let out the steam

Like microwaved extra butter and caramel popcorn
I need to let the steam carry the tempting smell that's born

Away from me...miles away into heaven
Into the nostrils of someone more deserving

Who will get up and pursue that which I let out
And when he finds it...will dip his hands and scout

Into caramel-glazed popcorn and have a fill...

Of my microwaved sweetness
While I stand back and be the witness

So this probably makes no sense at all
Doesn't have to, it's the law

Of venting...it has to be crap
I need to let out before i snap!

Tonight I'm not in the mood
To sit behind my loom

And weave jumbled-up words...
All throughout, hoping it takes away my hurt

I'm in the mood to vent
......and this is how far I went

4 comments:

  1. wow! very dramatic and action packed. Turn on nerves

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent rhymes... Great piece..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ei! you were right...it makes no sense at all!... but it's a great piece though. i wonder how you managed to rhyme in such a mood... that is the true mark of a natural poet; she rhymes even when she's venting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i read it again...lol...it makes no sense. i didn't even really vent out anything. i was probably venting about venting!

      Delete