Wednesday 14 November 2012

Sunset Song




See the thin strands
Of sanity
Left
As I stand
Arms locked
Firmly
Over my tired breasts
Waving
An imaginary trophy
In my head

The madness heightens...

See the moth ball
Rolling down
The mountain
Picking up debris
That fell
And continue
To fall
From my life

The evidence grows...

See the rainbow
Turn its back on me
As I tirelessly struggle
To
Chain myself to a tree
Too stubborn
For freedom

In the skies,
Watch the colours bleed

See the straight road
Take a quiet turn
As my hardened hands
Carve
A path 
In the belly
Of a serpent
Overflowing
With venom

In the horizon,
The silent street sighs


My spent limbs
Lose all hope


My vacant eyes
See no home


My shrunken heart
Has the chills

And
My soul
Cries out
That age-old plea

Eli 
Eli
Lama
Sabachthani?

No comments:

Post a Comment