Thursday 15 November 2012

Through Your Eyes


You interrupt my heavy thoughts
You invade my gory dreams
I am stone cold
You are hot
You speak with your eyes while I scream

You came to me
Canvas in hand
Different shades of colours
A handful of brushes

Each stroke held meaning
Each blot spoke volumes

You say my laughter cries
That in pain, my pleasure lies

You say I am deep
You say I am shallow
That I'm filled up with fears
That I'm empty, I'm hollow

The colours fill the sheet
As you weave an intricate pattern
That mirrors me

You say I hide
In plain sight
You whisper to me
What I fail to see

I turn back towards
Where you say is home
Walk up the stairs you crafted
And there it hangs 
The very element I had forgotten
A medley of memories
Reminding me of who I am

My portrait
Through your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment