Saturday 24 December 2011

GOODBYE



One star tonight, went dim
And so has the light in my heart
What wrong, I ask, what sin
Could take away that quaint
Loveliness that star possessed
And leave me with such bitterness?

One smile tonight, went stale
My eyes have thrown up a river
What thoughts,
I ask, could fail
One to sense
That an icy messenger had been sent
To take away the beauty in that smile
And leave me tasting bile?

One friend tonight, went home
My brain has taken a sleeping pill
What in the world,
I ask
I probe
Could cause Him
To take you,
So soon,
To another land
And leave me feeling numb?

Listen to my cry
Listen to my sigh
Listen to my prayer,
One more time
Father in heaven, you know best
Hold his pure soul in your bosom to rest
But give him this message,
Say it’s from me
The talkative he knew
Just a breath ago
Whisper it in his ears
“I will join you there,
Someday
We will meet
I will tell you all that went on
All that happened
After you crossed over”

2 comments:

  1. Is the character in question familiar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i wrote this for Derrick after he passed away.

    ReplyDelete