Friday 9 May 2014

SPEEDING


I need to lock
My mind in the cellar
Of truth
To knock
The pangs
That paralyze me
Out into
Darkness
And
For once
Know
That weeks
Months
Years
On end
I can keep up
With
Myself
But I
Am a
Broken
Lie
On a highway
I
can’t
Stop.


Somebody
Something
Tampered with the brakes
Now
I am cold
Only aware
Of a heart
When it hurts
And
My eyes stay dazed
Not sure
What it sees
Or what it does
Not…
I am speeding
Away
Not loving
Not hating
My existence
Like
A brief
Apparition
On flowing
Waters
You
Can only
Catch a
Glimpse
As I
Flash by
I
can’t
Stop



This world
Is too small
Too tight
And I…
I am
Claustrophobic
So I step out
And run
My feet
Carry me on
Up
And away
Then briefly
I’m a butterfly
A pale
Brown
Butterfly
Yet free
Momentarily
Till I wake
And again..
I’m stuck
On a hell-bound ride



I
Can’t
Stop

No comments:

Post a Comment